Tuesday, July 9, 2013

start

Waking up to an alarm is a very strange thing when you haven't done it in a while.  The sound of my alarm was incorporated into my dream - so that didn't wake me up.  It was the vibration on my nightstand from my alarm (phone) the perplexed me in my dream, which in turn woke me up when I realized that it must be my phone.  Weird.

Today is my first "official" day at my new job.  I'm working 10 days over the summer break before we officially start back for the school year.  Not sure what I'll be doing... getting used to the new computer system, planning for the year, maybe even meeting with students and parents.  I've already gotten two emails from rising seniors/their parents regarding college stuff.

I STILL haven't been riding.  Trails remain closed, but I thought about hitting the road.  What stopped me, you ask?  Poison ivy.  You thought the carnage on my right arm was bad... nope.  The poison ivy on my left arm (and a little on both legs) blew up, so I went from bandaging my right arm to bandaging my left arm.  The thought of getting out and sweating my ass off with one arm scabbing up and the other gross as hell with poison ivy just didn't sit well.

Thankfully, both seem to be on the mend, and I think I'll be good to go for the social ride tonight... which may end up being an urban ride - but that's ok by me at this point.

In other news, Annie mentioned that she might actually want to get back on her bike!  So I've got to look into what's going wonky with her front brake and get that sorted before the weekend so that she can ride.  We'll probably start on some greenways to get her back into it, but I already told her that nothing down here will compare to the trail (and subsequent frustration) that she saw at Wompatuck.  That being said, I'll have to pick her first introduction to trail down here carefully to minimize frustration.  The weird thing is, she's pretty darn good over technical stuff - she was hoping logs right off the bat without a second thought!  Hopefully the shorter nature of the trail down here will help her feel comfortable tackling them.  I'll Maybe she will be back here at some point to tell you how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment