Thursday, March 29, 2012

Food, Movies, Parents, and Bikes

All of those things don't mix well....

Haven't ridden since Monday, and won't be riding today...

Tuesday went and saw Hunger Games.  Annie read the book, and had already seen it - but she wanted to see it again, so I went along.  I'm not 100% sure how I felt about it.  I think there was a lot of anticipation and build p by those around me who have read the books... so after seeing the movie my perception is that the book would have probably been better then the movie.  Tp me, the movie moved a little slow I guess??  It wasn't a bad movie, but I probably wouldn't watch it again...

Wednesday the kids had an early day and we had parent teacher conferences.  We do two sessions to accommodate all working schedules... so from 1-2:30 and 6:30-8 I was in the gym meeting with parents.  Wasn't so bad... just a long stretch of time keeping me from doing much productive.  I did think about sneaking in a ride in between - but that would leave me less then fresh to speak with parents, so I figured I should just bite the bullet and not get any bike time.

Tonight is our final installment of Restaurant Week with our favorite restaurant - Mistral!  So that means great food.  It also means (say it all with me) no riding.

This weekend would have been the kick off to my season - so I'm kinda glad that it isn't since this week has been void of bike time... but I'll have to get my butt back in gear tomorrow/this weekend... and of course, enjoy the Celtics beating the Heat!!

For those racing this weekend, good luck and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment