Monday, March 10, 2014

I sorta rode

This weekend the trails were still not open so it was time to hit the pavement.  My Sunday would be occupied by the National College Fair here in Charlotte, so Saturday was my day.  When I got up it was cold out, but when I hit the street at around noon it was GLORIOUS!!  60 degrees hasn't felt so good in a looooong time.  *Although, nothing compares to the first time it gets back up around 60 after a long Boston winter...  The weather was perfect, short sleeve jersey and bibs were all that was needed (in the sun - anytime I passed under a bridge or rode next to a parking garage it was freakin freezing!!).

People were out an about.  I passed by a million cook outs - everything was just great!!  Except one, kinda major, thing.  I had no legs.  Right from the start they moaned and groaned.  I hoped they were just upset from lack of activity... but they never really came around.

And then it dawned on me.

I've been eating like crap.  I'm either eating junk, or not eating at all.  Nutrition, much like hydration, is bigger then just the morning of a ride.  I've been running off to work sans lunch - limping through the day on a couple granola bars.  I've got to turn that back around because this week (other than Wednesday) looks like it's going to be amazing.  AND with daylight savings - which I totally forgot about when I woke up at "9" (old 9, new 10) on Sunday - it means more after work riding on the regular.  I've got to get my motor back in shape - nutrition and condition.

Lesson of the day - take care of yourself off the bike, so you can take care of business on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment