Friday, April 4, 2014

New Beginnings

Media Fridays
We'll post videos or photos that will hopefully inspire trail shredding weekends.

*Media in the sense that there will be a picture, and this will get someone to shred the trails.


So I'm kinda sad.  But, I'm kinda not.

Here's the deal.  A coworker mentioned that she saw me out on our Tuesday Social this week and mentioned that her husband was interested in getting into mountain biking.  We talked a little about what she was looking to get him - something used, and something not expensive (like really cheap).  As we all know, that can be disastrous - especially for someone who doesn't know what they are looking for.  So I offered to check out the local deals to see if there was anything decent out there.  

There were some "deals" on craigslist - but you never know what you are getting there, and half the time the information is incomplete.  Now, I know that you don't need the best bike in order to have a kick ass time out on the trail, but I also fear that if you get the wrong bike you will never really get the chance to totally enjoy riding... so what to do?

I talked to Annie about it... what about selling my 4300?  I don't ride it.  I was going to convert it into a grocery-getter, but I have that old school bike that I could build up for that...  Here is the rub.  Annie bought my that bike.  It's what got this whole crazy thing started.  She thought about it and came to this conclusion - "I'm ok with selling it to a wife who is trying to get her husband into mountain biking."  


I like the idea of having my first bike get someone else into this amazing sport... but I am kinda sad to see it go.

1 comment:

  1. First bikes usually become first bikes to other people. It's great to know that it's going to go to a good cause. A lot of people buy expensive bikes that they use only once and never get into it any further. People enjoy cheaper bikes more because they're not afraid of messing them up.

    ReplyDelete