Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gravel roads in the hills

Sunday I drove out to Wilson Creek to meet up, and ride, with D-Wayne. Since the Glow Worm was in the shop (and D-Wayne suggested gears anyway) I was on the HiFi. Yes, a full suspension was a bit overkill, but it's what I had. I even got to lock out the fork for the first time, wasn't even sure I could!  D-Wayne was riding his hard tail with skinny tires. And his lovely wife was on her cross bike.

We took off and before we knew it, we were climbing. Even though we were riding dirt/gravel roads through the mountain it was fun!  Beautiful area, so there was plenty to take in. Oh, and climbing, I like climbing!

I didn't camp out, but the facilities that we started/ended at looked great - and $10 a night. Super great deal (bathroom/shower) right in the middle of things. I will certainly be back. 

Since there isn't much to describe as far as the ride went (up, down, little pavement, up, up, flattish briefly, dooooowwwn, flattish) I'll let you enjoy these pictures. 





As far as we could tell, there was no name for this fall (at least posted here) so we decree it
"Dwayne"
...which would make this "Dwayne's hole?"

gorgeous clear water with some big ass fish down there




No comments:

Post a Comment