Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kraked my head

Friday I don't think there was one of us who woke up without some sort of dehydration/hang-over.  Some oatmeal and a couple bottles of water had me OK.  On the drive over to the trailhead my head was certainly feeling it.  Felt like my brain was a bit outside my skull - if that makes any sense?

As soon as we started riding my head sorted itself out... I think.  I certainly wasn't worried about it because as soon as the trail turned up I realized I was riding without my legs.  I obviously hadn't done enough to recover from the previous days ride, and on this day I'd be running low on the climbs.  I didn't have it in my legs to dig deep - which in turn left me with little mentally to make myself push it.  But, in the end every climb was reached and I had a great day on the trail.  A lot of singletrack riding.  Climbing singletrack is way more fun then climbing on service roads like Sean and I had done on Thursday.

 
It was a "shorter" ride, but all things being equal, I was ok with that.  We hit up Asheville after the ride to grab some pizza and continue the trend of dehydration (beers) at Barley's Taproom & Pizzeria.  Just walking around I could still feel it in my legs, which had me worrying about the next days ride and how I would perform - could I bounce back?  We headed back to the campsite, our last rider of the weekend joined us, we gathered up more firewood, showered up, and then enjoyed the flames and beers.  I decided to take it easy, and kept the water flowing.  I had to at least be ok in the head and stomach if my legs weren't going to be there.
 
Would my legs bounce back for our ride at Dupont?  Stay tuned to find out!


1 comment: