Thursday, October 18, 2012

And we're off!!

Today we are heading out early to get a ride in before setting up camp.  I did a little research and found a sweet ass compendium of rides throughout Pisgah and Dupont.  For my purposes I was researching a ride for Thursday in Pisgah.  Since it will be the first day of our riding weekend we didn't want to go overboard so I picked a nice intro to the area - it's my first time!!!

So today we will be riding what is referred to as "Well Seasoned Butter."


The rest of the itinerary as dictated by Sean:

10/18 Thursday
-Meet at the campsite and set up shop
-Dinner: Campfire Chicken/Rice Soup
-Beers


10/19 Friday
-Ride: either Mills River or Bent Creek
-Leave straight from trails and head up to Asheville to meet **** ******
-Dinner @ Barley's Taproom & Pizzeria
-Beers: Fill up some Growlers and head back to Camp

10/20 Saturday
-Ride: All day at Dupont State Forest
-Dinner: TBD- Provided by the ***** and ****: Most likley sausage.
-Beers

10/21 Sunday
-Ride: TBD
-NC Boyz Depart





(names withheld to protect the innocent)





The weather continues to look perfect... a bit chilly in the mornings, but beautiful afternoons.





I'll be bringing the camera along - we'll see about footage... I'm feeling like it being my first time in the mountains here in NC I may just be focusing a bit more on riding and enjoying than worried about filming.  But we shall see.





I'm sure I'll have a story or two to tell upon my return!!  Until then, get out and ride!!


No comments:

Post a Comment