Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm back, and I'm exhausted.

The trip to LA was fantastic, as always. We left early Saturday morning and although we hit some annoying speed bumps to our excitement in the beginning, including not getting to sit next to each other on the plane ride there and having a huge grandpa sized Buick be our only available car at the rental place, we finally found our groove.

We started every morning with a walk to get breakfast followed by either a hike or a run. The weather was beautiful, the people were friendly and the food was fantastic. We didn't want to leave, but alas, Friday reared it's familiar head and off we went back to the east coast. But if you are an avid Tonight Show fan and you record every episode then check out last Tuesday's show because we were sitting in the second row and shook Jay Leno's hand. If you aren't lucky enough to have that episode, then check out this week's Tuesday show of Ellen. I'll be on the aisle dancing next to Ellen. Believe it.

And we saw Neil Patrick Harris get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

So, we land back in Boston around 8:30pm Friday night and Michael picked us up. On the ride back to the house he mentions that there's a group ride thing going on this Sunday. I was looking forward to getting back to my bike, but after a whole day of traveling I just didn't see it in the cards. Luckily, I was able to sleep all day Saturday so Sunday morning I was pumped to get out and ride with Michael.

Well, I may have been excited, but I wasn't prepared. Not even a quarter of the way through the loop and I was done. My legs started to cramp, my breathing was crazy and I felt dizzy. All the sudden every single honey vanilla latte, cosmopolitan, glass of wine and can of soda I drank over the week flashed before my eyes. I know I had a lot of water when I was hiking and running, but not really any other time during our trip. I was definitely dehydrated, but somehow I found the will to finish the remaining four miles and get back to the car. Michael went around once again on a more difficult trail while I napped in the car. Never again will I do a bike ride less than 30 hours after traveling cross country and spending the week eating belgian waffles.

After my nap, I did partake in some of the yummy BBQ they had there. Michael did too, obviously.

But today I start back to work. Soon I'll be back to my normal schedule, and I'll be back out on the trails. I just need to drink some water first.


No comments:

Post a Comment