Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Girls' Week!

Every year my best friend, Yadranca, and I go on a week long excursion to sunny (usually sunny...one year it rained every single day we were there) Los Angeles. We spend our mornings eating Belgian waffles and drinking lattes at Urth Caffe on Melrose followed by a trip back to our hotel for morning workouts and maybe a few hours by the rooftop pool then we're off for the rest of the afternoon partaking in a little activity we affectionately refer to as "celebrity safari".

To date we have seen Maria Shriver, Kevin Costner, Ryan Gosling, Kevin Spacey, Barry Pepper, Craig T. Nelson, Chris Cooper, James Cromwell, Benji Madden, Peta Wilson, Jerry Ryan (for all those nerd boys out there), Jon Lovitz, Jimmy Kimmel and my personal favorite: John "Uncle Jessie" Stamos. Who, incidentally, owns the softest leather jacket I have ever touched.

I would definitely call us "enthusiasts", but not fans. I can't say I'm an actual fan of any of the people we have seen. There is just something completely immature and exciting about seeing famous people. And believe me, I am very aware that it is immature. I am reminded every year by little comments from loved ones. "You're doing that AGAIN?", "This is just so silly." and "What do your husbands think about this trip?" are common rustlings around this time of year.

But, we don't care. The whole purpose of the trip is for the two of us to get to spend some time together since I live in Boston and she's 10 hours away in West Virginia. Even the years we didn't see anyone we had such a good time driving around LA, visiting Laguna Beach and shopping in Malibu. We're good little wives and never go out clubbing. In fact, we are always back in the hotel around 9pm getting ready for bed while we plan what we're going to do the next day. It's pure, innocent fun with a little bit of Hollywood glamour sprinkled on top.

So the point of my telling you this is so you'll know where I am when I'm not writing any blogs next week. Michael should have everything covered since he'll be finishing up his race season and trying out his new bike light while I'm gone.

When I return, Michael and I will running in the "Rugged Maniac" race, which I'll be more than prepared for since Yadranca will be taking me on runs all week long in LA, not to mention the hikes in Runyon Canyon.

Let's hear it for girls' week!!!!


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment