Monday, August 29, 2011

100th POST!!

Let's start with the good news. This post marks our 100th blog entry! We are both so excited that we have stuck with this blog (considering our duel powers of superb procrastination and laziness), and we have every intention to make it to the next milestone: 500!

Now for the bad news: The 100th post landed on my day which means two things. One, it's posting late (sorry) and two, I have nothing to talk about. No need to worry though. I rarely let something as minor as having nothing to talk about stop me from actually talking.

As most everybody in the US knows, this past weekend the east coast got rocked (not really) by hurricane (tropical storm) Irene. Michael and I celebrated our last day of sunshine over drinks and dinner at Top of the Hub Friday evening then buckled down for the impending wrath of hurricane (not even a thunderstorm, really) Irene.

Ok, so the clapboard siding didn't fly off our condo as expected, we didn't have water damage in our basement nor did our garden flood -- but Irene did make it gloomy and wet enough for a "no riding weekend", which circles us back to the beginning of my post (100!) where I remind you that I have nothing to talk about.

But not all is lost. You came here for something so I'm thinking a couple pics of this weekend might satisfy your appetite.

First, we have a pic from lunch this past Friday. My boss and the Director of IT decided to jump on this donkey and pose for us after eating at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. I like to think of it as the pic they would run with their engagement announcement in a parallel universe.


Next we have a breathtaking view of Boston from the top of the Prudential building. This is of course before hurricane (honestly, it barely got windy at all) Irene visited.



Next, after a disappointing meal (Top of the Hub serves cold butter with its cold bread, tsk, tsk), I had the hankering (that's what we call a "craving" in WV speak) for some homemade bread and spreadable butter.



Finally, we went to the movies this weekend and saw Attack the Block. I know most people haven't even heard of it, but it's from the same peeps that brought you Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. I think it was the best out of all of them. You should see it.



So that's the 100th post. Although it seems like this post has nothing to do with the theme of our blog, that is not the case. The kids in the movie ride bikes. Slam dunk!

-A



No comments:

Post a Comment