Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We missed Balls Creek!??!?!?!?!!?

Saturday my buddy Sean took me out on a tour of the surrounding roads and showed me a quick 30ish mile loop he does, with of course, some exploration thrown in for good measure... which in the end pushed our mileage closer to 40 than 30.

It was a great ride.  We had the roads (for the most part) to ourselves.  Beautiful countryside/farm land scenery to enjoy.  A couple rolling hill sections to keep things fun.  Indeed a very nice stretch of roads to enjoy.  Even the motorists were super nice - a couple hanging behind us waiting to be waived ahead.

Yesterday I played around with mapping out a possible reroute to avoid some of the busier sections of the ride (riding on rt 16 and rt 150).  Plus, upon inspection of the ride map I noticed we missed a very important road - Balls Creek... come on, how do you NOT ride Ball Creek??

I also dropped off the rear wheel for the HiFi at a local shop Blood Sweat Gears to replace another broken spoke and to true that bitch.  I was very close to throwing in the towel and just getting the rims I've been eyeing since I got the HiFi... but I figure with the smoothness down here (and the lack of job) I should just true them up again and keep on rolling.  While in the shop I asked a little more about the group rides they have going on as I've never ridden with other people on the road - other than with Sean the other day.  I don't want to get in over my head, don't want to slow the group - but also don't want to be bogged down on a slow ride...  Looks like Wednesday evenings are the best bet as they attract the most riders, allowing for groups for all levels.  I'll also be able to get the rear wheel back today, so I'll have to start hitting up some trails during the day when I'm NOT working.

Tomorrow I'll get into the dirt adventure I had over at Lake Norman State Park... that place is fun time central!!  It will be interesting to see how other local trails stack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment