Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What time is it?

It's time to be a full time rider.  That's right boys and girls, it's summer!!


Today is the last day for the kiddies, and it couldn't come sooner.  Not because I am done with the school year (ok well, that is part of the reason) but because I have been severely slacking in the riding department... and let's not even talk about the gym scene.

It's time to start living the dream... rocking it daily like I'm a fully sponsored mountain biker.
Mountain biking and beer go together like Turkey and Corn, but no, I won't be taking the HiFi to the bar...

As my 5:30 wake up subsides and I no longer need to battle it out at the 93 split on a daily basis I typically become a chauffeur for my lovely wife - no reason to let me sleep in when I can drive her to work!!  But I'll use that to my advantage and get my butt in gear so after dropping her off at work I'll stop at the trails or the gym before returning home.

Now it won't be all fun and games, I will also have a list of chores and odd jobs to do around the place.  I am hopeful that I can stay focused, get back to cooking and eating right, get in the gym and back into shape, drop some pounds, and gain some respectable weekly milage on the trails.

Time to step things up as I head into the second half of my race season.

Oh yeah, race coming up sooner than I remembered.... looks like I've lined myself up to tackle the Wrath of the Boneyard.  If nothing else, I like the name!
Sweet poster!
(courtesy of Wrath of the Boneyard, Cross Country Mountain Bike Race Facebook page)

And the reality of it all.
(courtesy of Wrath of the Boneyard, Cross Country Mountain Bike Race Facebook page)



No comments:

Post a Comment