Monday, November 12, 2012

oh crap!


The weather was so glorious (and I didn't have time to get to a trail) last Thursday that I decided to take Georgia for a spin around the neighborhood - maybe scout out a nice fast looper.



Things were going swell for the first block or so.... until I tried to switch from big to little ring.  POP.  Nothing.  I stopped and noticed tons o' slack in the cable to my front derailleur.  I attempted to shift back up.... stiff shifting and little movement in the derailleur itself.  Pop, pop, POP.  

Decision time - big ring or little ring, as I wasn't going to get movement during the ride.  I decided for a spinnier little ring ride.  

I have no idea what the deal was/is.  I haven't ridden Georgia since mid-September and everything seemed fine then?  Since then I've looked and cleaned and no real improvements.  Popping shifters and little movement on the derailleurs part (without assistance from my damn hand!).  

Well, I guess this will be a job for the LBS - I just hope it isn't a major deal.  On the bright side, I guess it will give me a chance to see what the shop can do in the bike build department to help me out (headset/bottom bracket install, wheel build, maybe brake install while it's in there as well) in the future.

Brighter side... I can still ride the dirt!!  


Thanks to all the men and women who have served our country!

http://www.combatreform.org/atb.htm

http://www.combatreform.org/atb.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment