Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spinning

Due to the crazy October Nor'easter we got up around these parts (rain in Southie - power still out in many towns across New England) the Wicked Ride of the East was cancelled, which I was pumped about.  I was super bummed that for the last NEMBA ride of the season I'd be sidelined with vertigo.  But with the cancellation, maybe I'd be ready in time?

Truth is, Friday morning I woke up and felt.... good!!  My head was still a bit foggy, but no more spinning of the room, no more unbalanced feelings... was I cured?  Certainly not ready to do any real testing of my balance, but I was psyched none-the-less!!  Since then, things seem good.  So I am hoping that Annie and I will be able to ride this weekend.  We are still waiting to see if the mess up around that area is cleared in time for the weekend, but if it is this might be the last good ride for Annie (Annie isn't a fan of cold weather riding).

I've decided the 4300 will be my winter bike.  The HiFi will go in for a tune up and then find itself fitted with a new, smooth, rear tire and a place on the trainer.  I'm getting excited for winter training!!  Yeah, I'm a dork.

Oh, and just for giggles, I think I'm going to mess with the 4300 and make it a 1 x 8... less to worry about with the shifty bits... and one step closer to a singlespeed.  No room for another bike, so I'll mess with what I have to keep things fresh.

And, here is some random education...

1 comment: