Monday, June 23, 2014

Back to Reality

Like any good vanishing act I didn't give you warning that I'd be gone.  But I'm back. I stopped the blogage prematurely I know, but whatever. It's my summer break. Things got lazy and I was looking forward to our trip to Aruba.  That's where I've been for the last week.

Never been?  Go there. It's perfect, ALL OF THE TIME. Well, pretty much. There was that one time where it stormed and the entire island lost power, but whatever.  Most of the time it is a sunny 81 degrees with a nice breeze heading out to sea. 

This year Annie and I were celebrating our anniversary. The plan was to return to Aruba (where we got married, celebrated our honeymoon, and returned again for our one year anniversary) for our 5th anniversary but we had to postpone it for a year since we bought a house, and that thing was expensive!

When we got out of the airport in Aruba something hit us in the face instantly - wind.  Not just the normal ocean breeze, but huh-whind!  The kind that makes it hard to keep a car door open as you are getting in huh-whind.

A quick check of the weather told us that it would be huh-windy all week!

 

It didn't matter much.  We were still on an island paradise.


My week consisted of: breakfast around 9:40, working out (yes it took me going on vacation to get back in the gym), taking a walk on the beach with Annie, dip in the ocean, lunch, happy hour, dinner, etc.  Pretty kick ass week.  We got to go to a couple of great restaurants, watch a movie on the beach, get a couple massage, get comped a couple too many bottles of champagne.  We were balling out of control.


So much so that we were ready to get home and see the puppies.  Not ready to tackle the bike stuff that needs to get done to make things happily rideable.  Not ready to do chores in the yard.  Definitely NOT ready to go back to work.  But ready to be home.  It is nice to be back.  And today I'm back at work.  Yeah, it's the summer, but they pull me back for a few days over the summer.  So for the next couple of weeks I'll be killing myself with 3 day weeks.  I know, it's rough.

Oh, if you ever find your way down to Aruba let me know and I'd be more than happy to give you some pointers on where to go/what to do - I'm a pro at being down there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment