Thursday, April 24, 2014

Who has time?

I had every intention of posting yesterday, but I guess my 13 hour day got in the way. Ok, so maybe it was really an 11.25 hour day capped of with a sneak preview of the school musical - keeping me at work for a total of 13 hours.



It was dark out - so I "stole" this
picture from the internerds
Annie did come up for the performance as well, so that was cool. We went out to eat afterwards to a Mexican joint down the road from our house that I have been meaning to go to since we first visited Charlotte, Three Amigos.  Since I was starving I ordered something called yaroa. A Dominican street food, aka loaded cheese fries with ketchup, mayo, and chicken (or beef). 

After stuffing my face, we left with mucho leftovers and headed home, at 10:30ish - waaay after my bedtime!  It looked like it would be my first day in April without riding...

F that!

Before squeezing in our recorded episode of survivor (guilty pleasure) I hoped on the trainer for a quick .5 mile spin. I actually went .52 because I hit the wrong button when I meant to stop, so I guess that's a win?

Today will be a bit less hectic, but only by a smidge. The end of the year is coming and we are dealing with course selections for next year so let the chaos ensue!  Oh, the pterodactyl is going in today - it no longer starts because the clutch won't engage the starter switch.  Funny how I told them this was an issue last time I was at the dealer but since they couldn't replicate the intermittent problem and they had never heard of the starter switch going bad...  nothing was done.  Luckily the pterodactyl is super badass and has the Off Road package so it comes equipped with a clutch start bypass button, you know, for when you stall out climbing the side of a cliff and you just CAN'T risk sliding backwards when you start. I'd never needed this function before but thankfully I have it (if I didn't I don't see how I would have been able to get out of my driveway without calling a tow truck - I think the pterodactyl is just a little too big to push uphill).

No comments:

Post a Comment