Tuesday, April 22, 2014

transportation

One of the ways that I have been able to ride everyday is by using my bike to run errands.  This has always been the plan - to build up a grocery getter - since there is a Teeter about a mile away from my house, but it hasn't been until now that I've done so.  I haven't really gotten groceries thus far - more so beer runs and a few things here and there.  BUT, it has proven that it is something I should be doing for real.  There is no real reason to drive to the grocery store (provided I have the appropriate gear to carry groceries).


A couple of times during the 30 Days of Biking I have felt like these short rides have been "cheating," but in reality, it isn't.  Riding my bike for fun and as a means of transportation are both equally valid uses of my bike.  I've always wanted to be able to commute by bike, and since that isn't a reality (at this point) then I might as well start riding for other reasons when I can.

With the 4300 gone, I guess that means I need to start looking at getting Old Blue up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment