Tuesday, April 8, 2014

up and down

Yesterday was the 7th day of 30 Days of Biking/1st day of rain.  I guess that's not too bad.  But I was NOT looking forward to jumping on the trainer, especially since I still have not taken care of replacing my battery for my speed/cadence so it's kinda lonely just spinning there.  I took it pretty easy, spinning for 30 minutes watching a video from a race at Blankets Creek - looked fun!

I then started tinkering with the 4300 - cleaned the drivetrain, made sure it was shifting (decently enough)... while I was dialing in the derailuer I again realized why I like singlespeed so much!  I'll give it a good cleaning tonight, maybe take one last spin on it (since I doubt the trails will be open for our Tuesday Social today) before sending it off on new adventures Wednesday.

Then it was time for the Uconn game.  What a game (from what I saw)!!  There wasn't a moment of that game where I felt we were comfortable and in control... even when we were up big we still weren't completely solid.  And it's never good when this happens.


The last thing we needed was bickering among teammates...

During halftime I was drowsy.  The second half started and I was struggling to stay awake.  How could that be with such a back and forth game with so many plays and misplays there to keep you on the edge of your seat?  I'm old I guess?  I woke up at 11:44 with no idea what was going on.  It didn't take long to surmise that Uconn had indeed won, and then drag my ass into bed.  Even though I was a tired old man, I'm very proud to be a Husky - the men came through huge last night and shocked more than a few people!!

Now it's up to the women to do it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment