Tuesday, June 18, 2013

It's calling me

Well, I've made it "official" locally, but I guess it's time to unveil the truth to the internerds - I'm going full time singlespeed.  Yup.  I love it!  Everything about it.  From it's simplicity to it forcing me to ride hard, I love it.

I also love that I can write singlespeed instead of single speed.  Somewhat out of laziness, but I'll take my laziness here as there is no laziness on the one geared machine.

This morning I got a little facefriend invite to the Southern Singlespeed Championships.  You see, this is the first year they've included the rest of the South, previous editions just represented "the great state" of Georgia (something a buddy of mine at UGA would say all the time).  Anyway, I guess they heard that I'd taken the plunge into the ss realm so they had to come up with a way to include me.

I guess they didn't like the Georgia and Eastwood Singlespeed Championship - sounded too much like a couple going at it on ss bikes I suppose.  So the fair thing to do was to include North Carolina, but you can't just skip over South Carolina, and once SC is included you might as well throw in the rest of the regional states.  Anyway, it's a SS Championship which will likely mean race + debauchery.

It's still a little ways off so I just need to get my ass out and riding... weather today - shitty.  Then I need to persuade TheMutt that this is something he needs to do as well so we can rope in Good Guy Greg and figure out road trip/accommodation details since it's about 3 hours away from The Web.


No comments:

Post a Comment