Monday, December 9, 2013

Indy

Like a Wakefield knuckleball, I saw it coming but totally missed it.



For those that have been counting, Friday's post was good old number 500. I'm not certain why, but it seems like a number that deserves recognition.  Does that mean this blog is special?  Has it "ranked up" and is now somehow "official?"  Or does it just mean I've had the "stick to it-ness" to grind out post after post?  

Probably more so that latter than anything else. But, no matter what that 500 might mean I have to thank you for continuing to come back and following along with my adventures. I'd also like to thank all those one timers who visit because they are doing a search on the internerd for a picture of school kids running out of a school (true story, that's a big hit for me) or find a race report because they either raced it themselves or are thinking about racing - those random spikes in views are always a joy.  I'd ALSO like to thank those of you from the Facebook. I've recently gone the route of advertising my posts on the Facebook and views have jumped up big time. So thank you all (cyclists and non cyclists alike) for sharing in my adventure. 

Finally, I'd like to thank Annie. She started this whole thing with me way back in March of 2011. Back then we would take turns posting, which was fun. I thought it was great that we were able to present two different voices here, hopefully providing a little bit of everything for everyone. Sadly, Annie's last post came on October 19, 2011. She had a great run, and I will continue to keep the door open for her if she ever decides to return (to the bike or the blog). 

Today I look back to where things started and where I am now. I think I need to do a little house cleaning on the site... and maybe get back to doing some videos - haven't posted in that section in a very long time.  Since this is officially post 501 I guess that means this is a victory lap - you know, if you link the name of the post with the number... (the Indy 500, come on, stay with the class) the winner does an extra victory lap and all... so that would be 501 at the Indy 500 for the winner... soooooo...  All that aside, it's a celebration.




Thank you for sharing in our adventures. 

Oh, and don't think I forgot about my promise to share some big news (that wasn't it by the way).  I think I'm going to slow roll it. Although it is official, I might hold out until I have something tangible for show and tell. In the meantime, enjoy this song. This song is in absolutely no way a hint as to what my news might be (wink wink, nudge nudge)

No comments:

Post a Comment