Friday, June 27, 2014

It's all about...

Annie and I watched the Lego movie the other day, cause why not?  There were a ton of hollywood types lending their voices to the movie, so that was a fun game to play - identify the voice.  I won.  Although, I am horrible with names so I usually had to explain the actor by "you know, that guy/girl in that show where they..."  Still, a win.

So why do I bring this amazing fact of my life up to you here?  Because of the most awesome song ever that plays in the movie.  One of those songs that gets stuck in your head and ruins your life for a couple of days.


(you really only need to listen to the chorus to get the glory of the song - it starts with the chorus, you're welcome.)

Something else you may not know about me, I often rewrite lyrics to songs because most artists screwed it up the first time and my lyrics are universal... typically revolving around poop, because 


My lyrics for Everything is Awesome revolve specifically around the poop substitute dookie.  Come on, you haven't heard dookie before?  Yes you have, think back to when we were teens.

Green Day made their opening statement.


Even Hulk Hogan knew what it was about.


And we can't forget the best ad campaign EVER.


Ok, now that you are up to speed I'll bring you back to the present.  So I rewrote the lyrics and was having fun singing around the house (to Annie's dismay) and a day or two later single speed superhero Rich Dillen drops dookie in his blog.  


Since the signs are all around us... or above on this page... it is time I share my lyrics with the world.  So here is the song again (this time edited to be more chorus focused).


So now that you know the song.... let's review the original lyrics:

Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

Lame

Here are my improved lyrics:

Everybody dookies
Everybody dookies when they pee
Everybody dookies, cause it hurts if you don't

Profound, I know. 

Let's compare validity of respective lyrics:

Everything is awesome (many would not agree with that statement)
Everybody dookies (universal truth) - I win

Everything is cool when you're part of a team (hmmm, some teammates are dicks)
Everybody dookies when they pee (not sure that is totally true?) - tie?

Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream (yes, everything would be awesome if we were all living our dream... but we're not, so it's not awesome - thanks for reminding us)
Everybody dookies, cause it hurts if you don't (true) - I win 

So there, irrefutable evidence that my version is better.  And yes, I only wrote three lines to the song - did you listen to the whole thing?  You only need those three lines.

Go ride a bike or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment