Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mush

My brain was complete mush yesterday.  Dunno why.  Maybe it's the restless sleep I've been getting lately.  Or the fact that I'm not eating throughout the day....

When I dropped off my wobbly rear wheel at The Cycle Path I couldn't remember my address...


I had to use google to figure it out!  

I hadn't checked the spokes on the wheel because I figured there would be some crazy tension (or rather, non-tension) going on since it was out of true, but when Mark was looking at it I realized how bad it was!!  One spoke was so loose it might as well not have even been attached to the rim!!  Hopefully it will be an easy retensioning/replacing spokes and there is no damage to the rim.

Annie caught me asleep the first (of many) time


Believe it or not, I was STARVING when I got home.  Annie got home soon after me so we went to the Teets to get something for dinner.  I grabbed a premade wrap while I was there.  I scarfed it down when I got home and then that was pretty much it.  I fell asleep on the double wide chair - it's legit!  I woke up at one point with Annie wanting to watch Survivor, but I couldn't do it.  I dragged my ass to bed.  No bike ride on the final day of April.

Am I sad about that?  Not really.  I had way too many "rides" consisting of a couple of minutes or less on the trainer, so it would have been somewhat of a hollow accomplishment.  I know that there was no definition of what constituted being on your bike, so everything counted.  But whatever.  I'm glad that I did actually ride my bike to do things that I normally wouldn't have done, so in a very real sense, the challenge accomplished it's mission - as I will continue to ride to the store, events, meetings, etc whenever possible.

footnote.  The Cycle Path has a .net website - how awesome is that!?  I didn't even know those still existed!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment