Thursday, July 3, 2014

It starts today

So I just woke up.  Now that you all hate me, let me continue.

20-30% chance rain, 82 degrees and quickly climbing, and I just woke up.... BUT I'm not going to take the easy way out.  I've got to get my legs/lungs back and that's not going to happen off the bike.  So no more excuses, heat/fatigue be damned, I'm getting out for at least a quick spin.  No more putting off until tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow.  I'm meeting my good buddy Sean up at Lake Norman for a ride.  It's been a long time since I've ridden with him because he's been off the bike for a long ass time due to hip injury and subsequent surgery.  I totally forgot that tomorrow was actually the 4th so I thought we'd have the place to ourselves... doesn't really matter, there are so many trails out there that no matter how packed the lot is you never see a ton of people out on the trails.  Let's just hope we don't get too much rain that they close down the trails.

Anyway, I may/may not post tomorrow (since I'll be up early to get up to Lake Norman) but if I'm not here - Happy 4th.  Hope you get some good food with good people.  And I certainly hope you all manage to retain all of your digits after playing with those illegal fireworks... although they might be legal here?  After living for so many years where fireworks were illegal, it's weird to see them in the stores here.


2 comments:

  1. LOL....you think 82 degrees is hot....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 82 isn't bad. Just that I know I'm slow to get going do it's only going to be hotter by the time I'm mid ride, and I'm not looking to melt again like I did Tuesday. But your riding in the desert, always under the sun... dunno how you do that!

    ReplyDelete