Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The kids

So I've been trying to organize my season - still haven't pulled out the calendar... but I already know that this month is looking like a busy one with bike related events.  Since I'm a complete mess, let's talk about something that is going down for sure...

Kids racing bikes!

Charlotte has it's very own youth league and this weekend (Sunday March 16) is the kick off to the 2014 season.  Folks have been looking into getting mountain biking into our high schools as a legit sport, and the Charlotte Youth Cycling League is a great first step to getting some movement behind that initiative.  I'll admit it, I've slacked in getting something going in my own high school this year, but as the youth season is about to start maybe it's not too late for me to try to drum up some interest.



If you are local, like bikes, want to give back to the sport and invest in our future, then come out to North Meck  and lend a hand.  Races start at 10:30 with an all new "skills clinic" free to all racers from 9:30-10:30... great introduction to racing for first timers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment