Tuesday, September 10, 2013

seasoned

"The" season is over.  But, since I didn't race more than I did race this season, it makes sense that my race schedule is starting to get busy... you know, now that the season is over.

Coming up sooner than I would like it... Southern Singlespeed Championships (9/21-22).  Where the hell did the time go?  Oh yeah, that's what happens when the school year comes around again and I go back to work. 

And yesterday I got a face message with a personal invite to a 1/3/6 hour race over on the coast.  The Trail Mayor shot me a message waiving a nice race flyer in my face... Brunswick Brawl (10/12).  I haven't done a 6 hour race before, and why do a 1 hour race... that's like... a normal race... I could do a three hour race, but I can ride for 3 hours - socially, with butterfly chasing sessions liberally thrown in...  So, 6 hours it is.  Best/worse case scenario exploration aside, it will at least pile on some mileage to my legs in preparation for the belt buckle trio.


January (1/4), February (2/1), and March (3/1).  34 miles, 5000+ feet in elevation... each time.  Oh, and don't forget about the pre-ride on 12/7.  But hey, I'll look good wearing that belt buckle when it's all said and done.  And maybe I'll be looking fresh for it as well - in a new "team" kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment