Monday, July 15, 2013

fixed with beer?

Some people have creaky EBBs.  I did, once.  But I was able to fix that issue... and it was just a cleaning thing - gritty as F down in there.

I have a slipping thing.  And I don't know what it's all about.

As mush as I'd like to think it is a wattage thing (cause, you know, I'm a beast and all...), it can't be.  How do I know?  Well, because Thom P rides the same damn bike and he's a monster.

classic...

Since the EBB wasn't staying put, I started my way up the ladder of fixes.  I got myself some Oatey's as recommended by Niner and my Niner insider.  I got my bike cleaned and in pieces and headed out to the Deeps (Home Depot).  Wouldn't you know it, my neighborhood" branch didn't have what I needed in stock so I hustled my ass over to the local ACE (cause it's "the place") getting there 7 minutes before they closed.  They had it.

Back to the bike haven to see if it would do the trick.  This time, things would be done right.

Cleaned the chain while I was at it.  Greased up everything proper and hopefully got the cure...

That isn't something nasty like MountainDew in that koozie.  I did bike maintenance correctly this time, with beer!  It only too one beer (less than one really) to get the EBB coated and back in there.  Will it do the trick?

I hope.  If not, EBB II will be purchased and on the way.  After TheMutt had to warranty his frame due to BB issues I don't want to take too many chances with the Glow Worm... it's the last of it's kind, dontcha know?

It's supposed to be hot as balls this week, maybe that means trails will be open??  Hey hey, let's not get ahead of ourselves here!


No comments:

Post a Comment