Friday, March 1, 2013

watch out


Media Fridays
We'll post videos or photos that will hopefully inspire trail shredding weekends.

By now you've all probably seen one or both of these videos, but I'm sharing them anyway.

First up is the American version of a biker getting hit by an animal.  This time a deer.  Personally I know that I've been in situations where (after the fact I realized) things could have gotten ugly with deer getting spooked.  Luckily for me I've been able to weave through the varying paths of deer as they scattered.  For this fellow, well, this is what happens when you aren't so lucky.



Next up is a teaser for the film Singletrack High.  Personally, I'm excited at the growth of youth cycling.  I'm super psyched that the sport is finding it's place in high schools across the nation.  While most of it is happening out west, hopefully with more exposure teams can become a reality in your neck of the woods as well.  

Would I have been on a cycling team in high school if it was offered?  Good question.  I was a founding member of our mountain bike club in high school.  But I also played a number of sports.  So, I'm not sure if I would have given up baseball to ride on a team (same reason I never got into lacrosse - new sport in town with a conflicting season).  But, for some students it would be a great way to get involved.


Watch out for showing in your area... talk to your local mountain bike association and see if you can't hold a showing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment